Cutting-Edge Services – Tipping the Scale for Exhibition Success
Cologne May 31st – June 2nd 2017
The International Summer University (ISU) provides an interactive educational platform for the exchange of strategic and operational knowledge. More than 350 exhibition professionals from 43 different countries participated in the ISU in the past eight editions.
1. Gain an overview of present market trends in the trade fair industry: ISU 2017 will focus on new ideas for services provided by exhibition organizers.
2. Understand the value of exhibition services much better: Lectures, workshops and case studies, moderated by top executives and recognized university professors, help you take the customer’s point of view and gain inspiration for better services.
3. Think outside the box: Visionary sessions with lateral thinkers allow discussions of unconventional ideas along new paths.
4. Enrich your business network and prove your professional value: Social get-togethers and excursions provide opportunities for networking activities.
5. Prove your competence: You will receive a personal certificate signed by the responsible university professors and by the UFI President.
“ISU delivers a unique and compact three-day learning experience. It’s a big room full of exhibition industry professionals forming a learning community for a joint excursion into a different topic each year, that is critical for success in our industry.” – Kai Hattendorf, Managing Director, UFI – The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry
8th International Summer University for Trade Fair Management (2016)
“Customer Journey – Touring the Trade Fair Touchpoints”
This year’s International Summer School (ISU) provided, as always, a very high quality programme. The participants from 10 countries were enthusiastic about the event’s varied format, lively programme and networking opportunities.
The 8th ISU started with lectures by industry experts and university faculty members, giving an insight into the topic of the customer journey. It concluded with interactive workshops to combine perspectives of organisers, exhibitors, associations and communications experts. ISU attendees were challenged to create a complete customer journey from the point of view of a visitor and to find more targeted measures to satisfy their customers. In addition, the participants had the opportunity to enjoy a range of networking events including a dinner and a guided tour.
Pictures from 2016 ISU
ISU on Social Media
The topics we discussed at the ISU 2016 truly changed my attitude towards customer management. The event was well organised and I had the chance to make use of fabulous networking opportunities.
For me the most convincing aspect about the 2016 ISU, was the combination of networking opportunities, content-related lectures and workshops. In particular, the group dynamics’ and open mindedness of the other participants, as well as the speakers inspired me.
I highly appreciated the variety of subjects dealt with at ISU 2013. It was a great opportunity to look at the innovation process from different angles.
I received several stimulating ideas for my work at home.