UFI, The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, is the leading global association of the world’s tradeshow organisers and exhibition centre operators, as well as the major national and international exhibition associations, and selected partners of the exhibition industry. UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support the business interests of its members and the exhibition industry. UFI directly represents around 50,000 exhibition industry employees globally, and also works closely with its 55 national and regional association members. More than 700 member organisations in 84 countries around the world are presently signed up as members. Over 950 international trade fairs proudly bear the UFI approved label, a quality guarantee for visitors and exhibitors alike. UFI members continue to provide the international business community with a unique marketing media aimed at developing outstanding face-toface business opportunities.
This internship is especially designed for Marketing and Communication students that are eager to be part of UFI’s biggest global promotional campaign for the exhibition industry «Global Exhibitions Day».
The great response of the first ever Global Exhibitions Day (GED) proves that such a day was needed in our industry and we have already started the lineup of activities for GED 2017.
The student will be working directly with UFI’s Marketing and Communications Manager to develop, execute and implement aspects of the GED communication campaign. In addition the student will be involved in carrying out other day to day MarComm projects.
Students interested in applying for this internship must:
- be enrolled at a university/school during the time of the internship;
- have spent 2-3 semesters in their respective study programmes and are registered students of either: Exhibition Management, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or related field;
- have outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- be 100% proficient in English (an additional language highly preferable);
- have strong organizational and research skills demonstrating a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- have project management skills; and
- have vast experience in using social media channels professionally (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
Structure of the internship
- Duration: The internship is scheduled to take place between February and July for a period of 3 – 6 months (and 6 months maximum).
- Tasks & Responsibilities: The student will be working specifically on the Global Exhibitions Day campaign and other UFI related communication and marketing matters. The student will also be requested to occasionally assist with other administrative tasks and activities of the association.
- Compensation & Benefits: The student will receive a monthly compensation according to French Law (~24€/day). Additionally, UFI will contribute to public transportation and lunch costs (Ticket Restaurant) in Paris.
- Medical insurance of the intern or costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during the internship will be the intern’s responsibility. Interns must show proof of a valid medical insurance coverage for the entire period of the internship. Interns are also required to secure their own accommodation.
- Application & selection process: Applicants are required to submit a full application (motivation letter, curriculum vitae and two references) for consideration. After a careful review of the application, UFI will notify suitable candidates and schedule interviews.
By French law, a convention must be signed between the student, the company and the educational establishment. Only students that have this possibility should apply.