UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for:
– Marketing & Communications Manager
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris (Levallois-Perret), France
About the position
The Marketing & Communications Manager is in charge of positioning and promoting the products and services UFI delivers with its members and the exhibition industry as a whole. Communications is a core element of our association’s objectives. The responsibilities of the Marketing & Communications Manager UFI is currently looking for include:
• Implementation and management of a communications and marketing strategy for UFI’s activities globally
• leading a continuous conversation across multiple communication channels with the global UFI community
• project lead for “Global Exhibitions Day”, a global awareness campaign for the exhibition industry, coordinated by UFI
• planning and successfully executing special marketing and communication projects
Beyond these role-specific tasks, as a member of the global UFI staff the Manager will be involved in association wide activities:
• Working in global UFI projects, especially in the field of advocacy
• Supporting the daily operations of a global association.
About the candidate
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
a. a proven track record of working for and with a broad variety of customers and clients in the area of communications and marketing, preferably in the exhibition and/or events industry, with at least 3-5 years of experience
b. BA degree or equivalent academic qualification, preferably in exhibition/events management, economics, communications, or a similar field
c. experiences in project management, preferably in international working environments
d. collaboration skills, and a proven capacity to excel within changing groups of business partners
e. professional demeanour and experience in working as a representative for a global association and/or in the exhibition industry
f. capacity and willingness to travel internationally
g. broad language skills, whereby fluent English (spoken and written) is the priority (English is the working language of the association). Good additional language skills in any of the following are preferable: French, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian.
h. permitted to work in the European Union.
How to apply
Please send your application to UFI, 17, Rue Louise Michel, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, firstname.lastname@example.org, citing reference “MCM2018”.
Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, two references, and the expected salary level.
Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibitions industry, representing organisers, exhibition centres, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI serves more than 750 corporate members from 85 countries, directly representing 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.4 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 260 million visitors. This creates a direct economic impact of around 100 billion Euro annually, and directly employs close to 700,000 people.
UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices have been established in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, and in Sharjah, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region. In the Americas, UFI collaborates with regional associations to serve the industry.
As a privileged forum for dialogue and exchange of knowledge, UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
• UFI serves as an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
• UFI promotes trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool;
• UFI provides UFI members with studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
• UFI offers educational training opportunities and a variety of professional seminars; and
• UFI deals with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.