UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for:
– Programme Manager
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris (Levallois-Perret), France
About the position
Programme Managers are in charge of implementing and delivering specific UFI programmes and activities across the association’s objectives. The responsibilities of the Programme Manager UFI is currently looking for include:
• Implementation and management of core programme activities of UFI
• Leading and coordinating the content for the UFI Global Congress
• Leading the work of UFI committees and working groups globally
• Delivering and improving the current education programmes portfolio (Focus Meetings, ISU, UFI-EMD)
Beyond these role-specific tasks, as a member of the global UFI staff the Programme Manager will be involved in association wide activities:
• Working in global UFI projects, from education to advocacy, especially in the field of education
• Supporting the daily operations of a global association
About the candidate
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
a. a proven track record of working for and with a broad variety of customers and clients, preferably in the exhibition and/or events industry, for instance as a conference manager, with at least 3-5 years of experience
b. BA degree or equivalent academic qualification, preferably in exhibition/events management, economics, or a similar field
c. experiences in project management, preferably in international working environments, and in the field of educational programmes
d. strong marketing and communication skills
e. collaboration skills, and a proven capacity to excel within changing groups of business partners
f. professional demeanour and experience in working as a representative for a global association and/or in the exhibition industry
g. capacity and willingness to travel internationally
h. broad language skills, whereby fluent English (spoken and written) is the priority (English is the working language of the association). Good additional language skills in any of the following are preferable: French, Chinese, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian.
i. permitted to work in the European Union.
How to apply
Please send your application to UFI, 17, Rue Louise Michel, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, firstname.lastname@example.org , citing reference “ProgM2017”.
Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, two references, and the expected salary level.
Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibitions industry, representing organisers, exhibition centres, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI serves more than 750 corporate members from 86 countries, directly representing 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.4 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 260 million visitors. This creates a direct economic impact of around 100 billion Euro annually, and directly employs close to 700,000 people.
UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices have been established in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, and in Sharjah, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region. In the Americas, UFI collaborates with regional associations to serve the industry.
As a privileged forum for dialogue and exchange of knowledge, UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
• UFI serves as an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
• UFI promotes trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool;
• UFI provides UFI members with studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
• UFI offers educational training opportunities and a variety of professional seminars; and
UFI deals with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
Download the job offer