This Working Group deals with matters related to new technologies used by professionals of the exhibition industry to manage their business. It also prepares the Digital Innovation Forum and the annual Digital Innovation Award.
The goal and mission of the Digital Innovation Working Group is to promote digital ideas and concepts in the industry that will help exhibitors and visitors get more out of the shows they participate in. The Working Group is intended as a platform for all UFI members to share, discuss, review and embrace new and thought provoking digital developments and projects. Furthermore, the Working Group aims to provide a good framework and guidance through its awards program in order to help the industry players add digital aspects to their businesses.
Mr. Matthias Baur
Mr. Stephan Forseilles
Ms Jana Hofmann
Who are we?
The UFI Digital Information Working Group is a group of industry experts in the field of digital and ebusiness.
Watch our video here: https://youtu.be/APiT1uLx3b4
What is our mission?
Our mission is to provide an efficient platform for the industry to discover digital trends and
innovations with the goal to enhance the business model for visitors and exhibitors.
How do we accomplish our mission?
We do this mainly through three annual activities:
- Organising an annual Education Forum for the industry to meet face to face to discuss digital innovation trends and developments
- Organising an annual Digital Innovation Award that offers all digital projects and products serving our industries the opportunity to get recognised and rewarded for their achievements
- Running a LinkedIn group (UFI Digital Innovation Group) and Twitter account @UFIDigital to exchange latest digital innovations daily or ask questions to industry experts
Who can join us as a group member?
All UFI member employees who are experts in the digital field or want to push this topic. Our goal is to represent a group that takes pride in diversity in skills, backgrounds, regions and UFI members.
What are the tasks of a group member?
We expect an ongoing and proactive contribution from each member to the group. For this reason, we have created two membership levels through which members can contribute to our mission:
- Group Member: Group members proactively participate in our committee meetings, help promote the group’s activities by proactively encouraging other industry fellows to share their digital knowledge with us directly or via our channels
- Core Group Member: Core Group Members agree to actively contribute to our channels by creating content, covering digital innovation topics (presentations, online posts, short articles etc), active presentations, events and host group meetings.
You have other ideas on how to contribute to our group or have questions? Contact us:
Jana Hofmann, Group Manager: jana[at]ufi.org
Matthias Tesi Baur, Chairman: matthias.baur[at]mbb-media.com
Stephan Forseilles, Vice Chairman: stephan.forseilles[at]easyfairs.com
The UFI Report on Best Practices in Digital InnovationUFI Best Practices Digital Innovation