UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for a:
- Marketing & Communications Coordinator – Preferably Native English-Speaker
- Fixed term contract for one year
- Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris, France
About UFI: Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibitions industry, representing organisers, exhibition centres, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI serves more than 780 corporate members from 87 countries, directly representing more than 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.5 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 303 million visitors. This creates an economic impact of around 275 billion euro annually in total output, and 167 billion euros in total GDP. The industry directly supports 1.3 million jobs. UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices operate in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, in Dubai, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region and in Bogota, Columbia, to serve members in the Americas. UFI also collaborates with regional associations and consultants to serve the industry.
UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide. • We serve as an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences; • We promote trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool; • We provide UFI members with studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry; • We offer educational training opportunities and a variety of professional conferences and forums; and • We deal with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be involved in supporting UFI’s marketing and communications projects.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Global Marketing & Communications and as a member of the global UFI staff, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be involved in association-wide activities:
- Execute and implement the UFI marketing and communications strategy, and related actions
- Establish schedules related to the above
- Coordinate all the internal actors, partners and suppliers to ensure deadlines are met: anticipate, remind, follow up, alert and seek solutions if and when necessary, to help streamline all marketing & comms and facilitate teamwork.
- Manage the social media channels: compose and post online content
- Manage website updates
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Communicate with offline community[ST1] (members, followers, …)
- Update the CRM on a regular basis and produce activity reports
Provide support for press relations
- Participate in global UFI projects, ranging from education to advocacy
- Support the daily operations of a global association
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
- Priority will be given to native English speakers (English is the working language of the association). Good additional language skills in any of the following are preferable: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualification, preferably in marketing, communications, exhibitions, events, journalism or other related field.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication: Proofreading, copy editing
- Professional demeanour
- Outstanding organizational and collaborative skills
- Passion for digital communication
- Willingness to work in an international environment
- Permitted to work in the European Union (with the relevant official documents).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to UFI, 17, Rue Louise Michel, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, firstname.lastname@example.org, citing reference “MCC2020”. Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, two references, and the expected salary level.