UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is hiring a
– Business Development Manager
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris, France
Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibitions industry, representing organisers, exhibition centres, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry.
At present, UFI serves more than 780 corporate members from 87 countries, directly representing more than 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.5 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 303 million visitors. This
creates an economic impact of around 275 billion euro annually in total output, and 167 billion euros in total GDP. The industry directly supports 1.3 million jobs.
UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and shares a presence in Brussels that addresses European policy matters. Regional offices operate in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, in Dubai, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region and in Bogota, Columbia, to serve members in
the Americas. UFI also collaborates with regional associations and consultants to serve the industry.
UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
• We serve as an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
• We promote trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool;
• We provide UFI members with studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
• We offer educational training opportunities and a variety of professional conferences and forums; and
• We deal with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
About the position
The Business Development Manager is the key contact for the community of UFI partners and sponsors.
He/she is responsible for UFI’s sponsorship portfolio. He/she also develops and leads projects that evolve the scope of UFI’s services to its members and the industry at large. The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager UFI is currently looking for include:
• Leading and continuously developing the UFI sponsorship and partnership programmes in line with the UFI strategy
• Leading a continuous conversation across multiple communication channels with the global community of UFI partners and sponsors
• Identifying and developing new offers in line with the UFI strategy
• Managing and ensuring that all sponsorship/partnership service level agreements are respected
• Planning and successfully executing special business development projects.
Beyond these role-specific tasks, as a member of the global UFI team the Manager will be involved in
association wide activities:
• Working in global UFI projects, especially in the support of the regional managers around the world
• Supporting the daily operations of a global association.
About the candidate
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
a. a proven track record of working for and with a broad variety of customers and clients in the area of project management, business development, sponsoring, preferably in the exhibition and/or events industry, with at least 3-5 years of experience
b. BA degree or equivalent academic qualification, preferably in exhibition/events management, economics, sales, marketing, or a similar field
c. experiences in project management, preferably in international working environments
d. collaboration skills, and a proven capacity to excel within changing groups of business partners
e. professional demeanour and experience in working as a representative for a global association and/or in the exhibition industry
f. capacity and willingness to travel internationally
g. broad language skills, whereby fluent English (spoken and written) is the priority (English is the working language of the association). Good additional language skills in any of the following are preferable: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese.
h. Valid papers for working in the European Union.
How to apply
Please send your application to UFI, 17, Rue Louise Michel, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, firstname.lastname@example.org, citing reference “BDM2019”.
Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, two references, and the expected salary level.