As the Covid crisis drove home, preparedness and agility pay off in meeting unexpected, sudden challenges that threaten your people, clients, operations, venue and reputation.
This module will teach participants the foundations and select advanced skills of crisis management to enable them to operate a professional-grade crisis function for their exhibition or congress venue. The module will use a combined theory and practice approach covering a wide range of stakeholders and risks, from hacking, accidents, bad weather, fire and protests to terrorist threats and managing social media rumors.
Participants will be challenged to learn using interactive mini-games, questions and quick surveys which will also help them determine the maturity level of their own organization’s preparedness and help outline a pathway towards improved performance.
The module contains six core components focused on crisis management process, risks, structure, leadership, communications and exercises.
• Know the core requirements for operating a crisis management team
• Understand the main international crisis management standards
• Be familiar with the crisis management process cycle
• Assess principal risks before and during crises
• Apply crisis leadership good practices
• Anticipate stakeholder behavior
Taught by Glenn Schoen / Boardroom@Crisis BV
From 22th to 24th of November.
12:00 – 14:00 CET on the three days