The World Health Organisation has declared the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus a global health emergency.
UFI is supporting the work of global, regional, and national institutions who deal with the containment of this outbreak.
As part of the meetings industry, exhibitions are both very much affected by protective measures as they are a vital means to support industries in challenging times.
As an industry, we have shown time and again that we are supportive and resilient in difficult times. Our best response to this outbreak is to stay focused and calm.
On this page, we are listing some resources for UFI members and the industry at large.
Information on the virus:
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) is the source of relevance, they have a dedicated web presence here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- The WHO provides daily updates here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
- US Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- European Centre for Disease Prevention: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china
- Again, the WHO: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/travel-advice
- National governments issue travel advisories
- We have put together a template with precautionary advice. That template can be translated into your local language and used as display.
- The WHO has a good tool kit of material for travellers and trade show participants: WHO’s messaging on what travelers and participants in trade shows and exhibitions can do to stay safe.
- The WHO has issued a document called “Key planning recommendations for Mass Gatherings in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak”.
- We have put together UFI recommendations on how to deal with the outbreak within your company and some guidance around events you are running
- We are collecting and sharing information from national and regional exhibition and events industry associations about developments and policies in their markets here.
- The Joint Meetings Industry Council (JMIC) has issued a call to the whole Meetings Industry in response to the outbreak – you can read (and share) it here
- We are facilitating ongoing dialogue between exhibition organisers around the world – to be involved in this exchange contact email@example.com
- We are facilitating ongoing dialogue between exhibition venue operators around the world – to be involved in this exchange contact firstname.lastname@example.org