UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for:
– Marketing and Communications intern
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris (Levallois-Perret), France
Type of contract: Apprenticeship/Internship (Stage/contrat d’apprentissage)
For approximately six months from: December 2018/January 2019- June/July 2019
Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibition industry, representing organisers, exhibition centers, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI has more than 780 corporate members from 86 countries, directly representing 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.4 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 260 million visitors. This
creates a direct economic impact of around 100 billion Euro annually, and directly employs close to 700,000 people.
UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices have been established in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, in Sharjah, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region and in Bogota, Columbia,
to serve the members in Latin America. In North America, UFI collaborates with regional associations to serve the industry.
As a privileged forum for dialogue and exchange of knowledge, UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
By promoting the unique characteristics of trade fairs:
• UFI plays the role of an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
• UFI promotes trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool; UFI provides UFI members with valuable studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
• UFI offers educational training opportunities and a variety of professional seminars; and
• UFI deals with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
UFI is a non-profit association subject to French law.
About the position
The Marketing and Communications (M&C) intern will be involved in supporting UFI’s biggest global promotional campaign for the exhibition industry: «Global Exhibitions Day» (#GED). This day, the first Wednesday of June, is celebrated and recognised as THE day for the exhibition industry, when numerous activities take place across the globe. The 2019 edition will be the fourth edition since its introduction in 2016.
The M&C intern will work directly with UFI’s Marketing and Communications Manager to execute and implement aspects of the GED communication campaign and other UFI related communication and marketing matters.
Under the direct supervision of the tutor (Marketing & Comms Manager)
• Compose and post online content on UFI’s website and social media accounts
• Communicate with offline community
• Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
• Keep track of contacts and produce activity reports (new CRM database and specific tools currently under implementation)
This internship will provide vital real experience in both marketing and communications on an international level.
About the intern
The right candidate for this internship will meet the following criteria:
• Strong analytical, communication and people skills
• Strong attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking
• Can perform well in a multi-cultural environment
• Fluent in English (spoken and written: English is the working language of the association.
• Permitted to work in the European Union with French Social Security cover
If interested, please contact Monika Fourneaux-Ceskova: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.