UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for a:
– Programme Manager, Advocacy & Alliances
– Fluent English Speaker
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris, France. Hybrid or remote work possible.
About UFI: Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibitions industry, representing organisers, exhibition centres, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI serves more than 820 corporate members from 86 countries, directly representing more than 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.5 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 303 million visitors. This creates an economic impact of around 300 billion euro annually in total output, and 184 billion euros in total GDP. The industry directly supports 1.4 million jobs. UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices operate in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, in Dubai, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region and in Bogota, Columbia, to serve members in the Americas. UFI also collaborates with regional associations and consultants to serve the industry.
UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
• We serve as an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
• We promote trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool;
• We provide UFI members with studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
• We offer educational training opportunities and a variety of professional conferences and forums; and
• We deal with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Programme Manager will be involved in supporting UFI’s Advocacy & Alliances projects.
This is a new role, responding to the strong growth in demands and expectations towards UFI in the field of advocacy and standardization.
Under the direct supervision of the CEO and as a member of the global UFI team, the Programme Manager will be involved in the following activities:
– Managing advocacy topics operationally
– Managing UFI’s global Associations Committee
– Acting as the main point of contact to industry advocacy offices in Brussels and Washington, DC with UFI funding
– Acting as the main point of contact on collaborations, partnerships, and activities with other event industry associations
– Managing participation and UFI presence in norming /standardisation bodies (ISO, OECD, etc)
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
• Priority will be given to fluent English speakers (English is the working language of the association). Working knowledge of French would be appreciated
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualification
• 5+ years’ relevant experience, ideally with an existing network of contacts across UFI member associations
• Strong organizational & project management skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Team player
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to UFI, 17, Rue Louise Michel, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, firstname.lastname@example.org, citing reference “PM2022”. Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, two references, and the expected salary level.