UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for a:
– Programme Manager, Content & Communities
– Native English Speaker
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris, France. Hybrid or remote work possible.
ABOUT UFI: Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibitions industry, representing organisers, exhibition centres, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI serves more than 820 corporate members from 86 countries, directly representing more than 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.5 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 303 million visitors. This creates an economic impact of around 300 billion euro annually in total output, and 184 billion euros in total GDP. The industry directly supports 1.4 million jobs. UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices operate in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, in Dubai, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region and in Bogota, Columbia, to serve members in the Americas. UFI also collaborates with regional associations and consultants to serve the industry.
UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
• We serve as an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
• We promote trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool;
• We provide UFI members with studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
• We offer educational training opportunities and a variety of professional conferences and forums; and
• We deal with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Programme Manager will guide and narrate the story of our association, delivering insights, thought-leadership, and news to the exhibition industry community. This newly created position will be responsible for transforming content and implementing best practices in sharing and engagement amongst UFI members and the wider industry.
Under the direct supervision of the CEO and as a member of the global UFI team, the Programme Manager will be involved in the following activities:
– Managing content creation and adaptation of UFI insights, research, advocacy and though-leadership
– Driving multi-channel distribution across UFI platforms, working with existing UFI collaborators and partners
– Creating content awareness, engagement, and feedback campaigns within the community
– Collaborating closely with colleagues working on events, research, education, advocacy to generate narratives, share insights, and develop storylines
– Working with UFI’s Regional Directors to get the respective content tailored to regional needs
– Driving insights to “connect the dots” – to make sure UFI has compelling and relevant information relevant to needs of the members and the industry at large
– Maintaining and delivering value through external partnerships
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
• Priority will be given to fluent English speakers (English is the working language of the association). Working knowledge of French would be appreciated.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualification
• 5+ years’ relevant experience
• Strong organizational & project management skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Team player
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to UFI, 17, Rue Louise Michel, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, email@example.com, citing reference “PMC2022”. Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, two references, and the expected salary level