UFI – The Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, is looking for a:
– Research Coordinator – Preferably Native English Speaker
– Based in the UFI Headquarters in Paris, France. Hybrid or remote work possible.
About UFI: Founded in 1925, UFI is the globally leading association for the exhibitions industry, representing organisers, exhibition centres, professional exhibition associations and service providers to the industry. At present, UFI serves more than 820 corporate members from 86 countries, directly representing more than 50,000 industry employees.
The exhibition industry is known as an “invisible giant”, fostering economic development globally: 4.5 million companies from all around the world are exhibiting at business trade shows. An average of 85 major international trade shows are taking place daily, attracting a total of 303 million visitors. This creates an economic impact of around 275 billion euro annually in total output, and 167 billion euros in total GDP. The industry directly supports 1.3 million jobs. UFI is headquartered in Paris, France, and also shares a presence in Brussels to address European policy matters. Regional offices operate in Hong Kong, China, serving the Asia/Pacific Region, in Dubai, UAE, to serve members in the Middle East/Africa region and in Bogota, Columbia, to serve members in the Americas. UFI also collaborates with regional associations and consultants to serve the industry.
UFI’s main goal is to represent, promote and support its members and the exhibition industry worldwide.
• We serve as an efficient networking platform where professionals of the exhibition industry can exchange ideas and experiences;
• We promote trade fairs and exhibitions globally as a unique marketing and communications tool;
• We provide UFI members with studies and research regarding all aspects of the exhibition industry;
• We offer educational training opportunities and a variety of professional conferences and forums; and
• We deal with issues of common interest for its members within the framework of regular meetings of its regional chapters and working groups.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Research Coordinator will be involved in supporting UFI’s research projects.
Under the direct supervision of the Research Manager and as a member of the global UFI staff, the Research Coordinator will be involved in the following activities:
· Carrying out studies directly or via trade fair industry associations: conducting surveys, analyzing data and preparing conclusions
· Conducting thematic studies and writing reports in English
· Steering the actions of international working groups
· Supporting ongoing association-wide projects and activities (e.g. talent development programme)
· Supporting the logistics team at conferences on site or at events
· Keeping up to date with sector innovation
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
The right candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
· Priority will be given to native English speakers (English is the working language of the association). Working knowledge of French would be appreciated
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualification
· 2 to 5 years’ experience
· Comfortable working with figures
· Strong analytical skills
· Good writing skills
· Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong organisational skills including time management and ability to multitask
· Team player
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to UFI, 17, Rue Louise Michel, 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, firstname.lastname@example.org, citing reference “RC2022”. Applications should include a letter of motivation, a CV, two references, and the expected salary level.