- C-level mentoring to support your career ambitions
- Opportunity to present your ideas and vision of the future of the exhibition industry on the main stage at the UFI Global Congress
The UFI NGL grant promotes next generation leadership in the exhibition industry, rewarding professionals who show clear initiatives in driving change and innovation in their area of activity. The programme is spread over a period of 12 months, allowing you to continue to fulfil your daily work obligations. This grant will be awarded to up to five industry professionlals in 2018.
The NGL grant reflects UFI’s commitment to recognising and supporting the best talents within the exhibition industry, and will bring you:
- Exclusive, confidential C-level mentoring over a 12-month period;
- Global recognition and media coverage among exhibition professionals before, during and after the UFI Global Congress;
- Unique, high profile opportunities to enhance your professional network with peers and industry leaders;
- Expert guidance throughout the project by UFI.
How to apply:
Kindly provide before and up until 27 February 2018:
- Your video statement (maximum 2 minutes) sharing your career ambitions, your strength and weaknesses, the reasons why you should be chosen for the UFI NGL grant, your motivation to participate in the programme and your reason(s) for choosing to work in the exhibition industry.
- Written application (maximum two pages) displaying your concrete idea(s) to drive change and innovation in the exhibition industry.
- Completed mentorship matchmaking form including the section on expectations relating to mentoring: Mentee Profile – October 2017
- Signed statement from your employer agreeing for you to join the grant programme (example statement: NGL grant_letter).
2017 NGL Grant
The winners of the 2017 UFI Next Generation Leadership grant are: Selin Cakici, Vice-Chair of the board, HKF TRADE FAIRS (Turkey); Katharina Keupp, Project Consultant, Messe Munich (Germany); Neo Mohlatlole, Business Development Director, Seven Colours Communications (South Africa); Thomas Revell, Sustainability Manager, GES (UK) and Diana Salman, HR Strategic Change Manager, IFP Expo (Lebanon). Sponsored by UBM.
Click here for the media release.
2016 NGL grant recepients: Adeline Larroque Desages, Acting Head of Exhibition Planning and Organisation Section, Qatar Tourism Authority (Qatar); Jennifer Feeney, Account Director, Freeman XP (USA); Vineet Mahajan, General Manager, Reed India (India); Farokh Shahabi Nezhad, Co-Founder, Eventbox (Iran) and Matthias Pollmann, Project Manager interzum, Koelnmesse GmbH (Germany). Sponosred by Reed Exhibitions.