APPLY FOR THE 2020 NGL GRANT!
The UFI NGL Grant promotes next generation leadership in the exhibition industry, rewarding professionals who show clear initiatives in driving change and innovation in their area of activity. The programme is spread over a period of 18 months, allowing you to continue to fulfil your daily work obligations. This grant will be awarded to up to five industry professionals in 2020.
As 2020 grantee, you will get the opportunity to take the stage at the UFI Global Congress in Muscat, Oman, with the other grantees.
At the Congress, you will start the mentorship programme. We will match you up with a suitable mentor who will provide you with a safe and confidential environment within which you will learn, brainstorm, test ideas and discuss work-related challenges and opportunities.
WHO CAN APPLY:
• You are a full-time employee in the exhibition industry;
• You have no more than 10 years of work experience in the exhibition industry;
• You are motivated to work on the programme whilst managing your responsibilities at work, finding between 3 – 5 extra hours per month.
HOW TO APPLY:
Until 4 April 2020 provide us email@example.com with:
- Your video statement (maximum two minutes) sharing your career ambitions, your strength and weaknesses, the reasons why you should be chosen for the UFI NGL Grant, your motivation to participate in the programme and your reason(s) for choosing to work in the exhibition industry.
- Written application (maximum two pages) displaying your concrete idea(s) to drive change and innovation in the exhibition industry.
- Completed mentorship matchmaking form including the section on expectations relating to mentoring. (find the form here)
- Signed statement from your employer agreeing for you to join the grant programme. (Find the form here)
BENEFITS FOR WINNER
• Exclusive, confidential C-level mentoring over a 12 month period;
• Expert guidance throughout the programme by UFI
• Enhanced brand exposure through UFI’s global reach
• Exposure to significant international press coverage
• Global recognition and media coverage among exhibition professionals before, during and after the UFI Global Congress;
• Unique, high profile opportunities to enhance your professional network with peers and industry leaders;
• UFI will cover your travel and hotel costs to Oman in November. You will of course have complimentary registration to attend the event;
Download the brochure
2019 NGL Grant programme
Carolin von Tippelskirch, Protocol and Corporate Events, Deutsche Messe AG (Germany); Cinzia Zanin, Research and Development, Fondazione Fiera Milano (Italy); Fuad Musafir, Business Development Manager Exhibition and Live Events, Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre (Oman); Katie Thompson, Senior Content and Project Manager, The Design Group | Global Exhibitions Informa (USA); Laura Docampo, Head of Digital Transformation, Fira de Barcelona (Spain).
2018 NGL Grant programme
Lilian Burgardt, Head of Digital Products for Brazil with Informa, Brazil; Glen Foulstone, Senior Project Manager with GES, UK; Miranda Martin, Portfolio Director, Niche events with Fresh Montgomery, UK; Maria Tsedeviyn, Head of Advertising, Design and Internet Division Marketing, Advertising and PR Department at Expoforum International, Russia.
2017 NGL Grant programme
Selin Cakici, Vice-Chair of the board, HKF TRADE FAIRS (Turkey); Katharina Keupp, Project Consultant, Messe Munich (Germany); Neo Mohlatlole, Business Development Director, Seven Colours Communications (South Africa); Thomas Revell, Sustainability Manager, GES (UK) and Diana Salman, HR Strategic Change Manager, IFP Expo (Lebanon).
2016 NGL Grant programme recepients: Adeline Larroque Desages, Acting Head of Exhibition Planning and Organisation Section, Qatar Tourism Authority (Qatar); Jennifer Feeney, Account Director, Freeman XP (USA); Vineet Mahajan, General Manager, Reed India (India); Farokh Shahabi Nezhad, Co-Founder, Eventbox (Iran) and Matthias Pollmann, Project Manager interzum, Koelnmesse GmbH (Germany).