Paris, 28 September 2022: International Fair Plovdiv and UFI, The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, have jointly announced “Experience the rush”, by Senior Art Director, Parag Bandodkar and Senior Visualiser, Kamlesh Murudkar, from Informa Markets India as the Grand Winner of the 24th International Fair Poster Competition.
The competition, returning for the first time since the onset of the pandemic, celebrates creativity and originality of modern exhibition marketing, in the classical poster format. The 2022 theme, fittingly, was the “promotion of the exhibition industry on the subject of ‘face-to-face’ or post-pandemic recovery.”
The jury evaluated the entries based on topic interpretation, design concept, originality and integrity of technical parameters. They were particularly impressed by the relevant concept and clever execution of “Experience the rush”, depicting a crowded fair reflected in a man’s animated eyes.
Kostadin Otonov, Chairman of the International Fair Poster (IFP) Jury, Poster Artist, Poster lecturer, Academy of Fine Art commented: “We were very happy to see the quality and depth of entries this year. Congratulations to the team at Informa Markets India for their follow-up win from 2019.”
The jury selected “Togetherness”, photographed by Fabio Silva and designed by Studio MI-IN Design from Portojóia, Exponor (Portugal) as the runner-up. “Book Fair”, from Bella Center Copenhagen, followed in third place.
– “Helsinki Book Fair”, designed by Tero Ahonen, from The Finnish Fair Corporation
– “A golden hello to success“, Jewellery & Gem Hyderabad, by Senior Art Director, Parag Bandodkar and Senior Visualiser, Kamlesh Murudkar, from Informa Markets India
– “Salon du Livre“, illustrated by Alex Howling, Studio BASE DESIGN, for Palexpo (Switzerland)
– “Delivering more than what meets the eye”, by Senior Art Director, Parag Bandodkar, and Senior Designer, Sarthak Hadsul, from Informa Markets India
The jury, on behalf of International Fair Plovdiv:
- Kostadin Otonov – Chairman of the IFP Jury, Poster Artist, Poster lecturer, Academy of Fine Art
- Hristina Koleva – Director,International Fair Plovdiv
- Emil Zahariev – Marketing and international cooperation manager, International Fair Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Gueorgui Gueorguiev-Ashata – Academy of Fine Art
- Hristo Gochev – Poster Artist
- Valkan valkanov – Poster Artist
The jury, on behalf of UFI:
- Nick Dugdale-Moore – UFI Regional Director, Europe
- Justine Rabel – 2022 Next Generation Leadership Grant Winner