International Fair Plovdiv and UFI announce winner of the 24th International Fair Poster Competition
Paris, 28 September 2022: International Fair Plovdiv and UFI, The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, have jointly announced “Experience the rush”, by Senior Art Director, Parag Bandodkar and Senior Visualiser, Kamlesh Murudkar, from Informa Markets India as the Grand Winner of the 24th International Fair Poster Competition.
The competition, returning for the first time since the onset of the pandemic, celebrates creativity and originality of modern exhibition marketing, in the classical poster format. The 2022 theme, fittingly, was the “promotion of the exhibition industry on the subject of ‘face-to-face’ or post-pandemic recovery.”
The jury evaluated the entries based on topic interpretation, design concept, originality and integrity of technical parameters. They were particularly impressed by the relevant concept and clever execution of “Experience the rush”, depicting a crowded fair reflected in a man’s animated eyes.
Kostadin Otonov, Chairman of the International Fair Poster (IFP) Jury, Poster Artist, Poster lecturer, Academy of Fine Art commented: “We were very happy to see the quality and depth of entries this year. Congratulations to the team at Informa Markets India for their follow-up win from 2019.”
The jury selected “Togetherness”, photographed by Fabio Silva and designed by Studio MI-IN Design from Portojóia, Exponor (Portugal) as the runner-up. “Book Fair”, from Bella Center Copenhagen, followed in third place.
– “Helsinki Book Fair”, designed by Tero Ahonen, from The Finnish Fair Corporation
– “A golden hello to success“, Jewellery & Gem Hyderabad, by Senior Art Director, Parag Bandodkar and Senior Visualiser, Kamlesh Murudkar, from Informa Markets India
– “Salon du Livre“, illustrated by Alex Howling, Studio BASE DESIGN, for Palexpo (Switzerland)
– “Delivering more than what meets the eye”, by Senior Art Director, Parag Bandodkar, and Senior Designer, Sarthak Hadsul, from Informa Markets India
The jury, on behalf of International Fair Plovdiv:
- Kostadin Otonov – Chairman of the IFP Jury, Poster Artist, Poster lecturer, Academy of Fine Art
- Hristina Koleva – Director,International Fair Plovdiv
- Emil Zahariev – Marketing and international cooperation manager, International Fair Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Gueorgui Gueorguiev-Ashata – Academy of Fine Art
- Hristo Gochev – Poster Artist
- Valkan valkanov – Poster Artist
The jury, on behalf of UFI:
- Nick Dugdale-Moore – UFI Regional Director, Europe
- Justine Rabel – 2022 Next Generation Leadership Grant Winner
For more information on the competition, please visit: https://www.ufi.org/awards/international-fair-poster-competition/.
UFI Global Congress in Oman attracts world-renowned keynote and large international audience
– Academy Award-winning filmmaker Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy will keynote the 89th edition of the annual Global Congress
– Registration pacing trends show the 2022 event to be one of the largest and most diverse in UFI history
Paris – 20 September 2022: UFI, The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry, has announced today the keynote for its 89th annual Global Congress, Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy, two-time Academy Award-winning filmmaker, and director of the critically acclaimed Marvel Studio’s series Ms. Marvel. This year’s Congress will take place in Muscat, Oman, on 14-17 November, and is tracking to be among the largest ever gathering of leaders of the exhibition and business events industry.
The 2022 iteration of the UFI Global Congress is the first to return to the Middle East since 2012, though UFI has hosted regular regional conferences each spring in the region. UFI CEO, Kai Hattendorf said, “We couldn’t be more proud to bring the industry to Oman for this year’s event. The Middle East, and Oman specifically, has shown significant investment and commitment to developing a world-class business-events ecosystem. They are embracing our sector as a driver of economic growth. We are excited to be working with the host team to put on this truly unique event, and our promising early-registration numbers show that industry professionals are also eager to meet again face-to-face, and to see what Oman has to offer.
Long renowned for its networking, the UFI Global Congress is also at the forefront of industry thought leadership. Ms. Obaid Chinoy keynote will begin the Congress with an audio-visual journey about uncovering the unseen, and the entire programme will be expertly guided by former broadcast journalist, Eithne Treanor. In addition, the programme will cover topics such as the state of the economy, global risks and opportunities, and trends in the industry. It will also dive into transformational topics, like the industry’s sustainability agenda and talent narrative, as well as data and insights for creating serendipity. Further, the UFI Global Congress will feature the first-ever “Industry Board meeting”, which will cover the 2023 agendas of senior members of preeminent organisations in our industry.
This year, the Congress is on pace to attract over 500 attendees from more than 50 countries and regions — including new faces to the industry and first-time attendees. The UFI Global Congress is the global meeting place for the industry, both for newbies and veterans of the industry.
Visit uficongress.org to register for the 89th UFI Global Congress.
Download previous media releases.