A closer look at GED18
Exhibition professionals around the world came out in record numbers for the third Global Exhibitions Day (GED).
Not only did this highlight the industry’s role as a driver of economic growth, but also established GED 2018 as the biggest day of advocacy for the exhibition world so far, according to data from UFI, the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry.
Reach in numbers
- 85 countries and regions supported the exhibition industry: +10% compared to GED17!
- Hundreds of direct actions have taken place; many were registered on the GED Online Reporting Tool (on www.globalexhibitionsday.org).
- Over 160 editorial features (articles, media releases, blog posts).
- 360 videos on the dedicated YouTube GED playlist (www.ufi.tv): +14% compared to GED17!
- #GED18 reached more than 4 million people on Twitter. The GED Facebook group counts over 2,500 members.
Development from past GED campaigns:
- Focusing on Advocacy projects, based on “Facts and Stats” and “Key messages” about the exhibition industry; and, Talent promotion, introducing “Follow me” videos and the “Voices of the Exhibition Industry” campaign.
- The “Exhibition World / UFI GED Awards” competition ran again and expanded to five categories.
- A dedicated GED18 “International Fair Poster” competition was launched.
- A “GEDNumberChallenge” game was set-up.
Contact: Monika Fourneaux Ceskova or Christian Druart at the UFI Headquarters: GED@ufi.org
List of #GED18 partner associations under the UFI umbrella: AAXO (South Africa), AEFI (Italy), AEO (UK), AFE (Spain), AFECA (Asia), AFIDA (Central & South America), AMPROFEC (Mexico), AOCA (Argentina), AUMA (Germany), CAEM (Canada), CEFA (Central Europe), CENTREX (Central Europe), CFI (Italy), EEAA (Australasia), EEIA (EU), EFU (Ukraine), EMECA (Europe), EXSA (South Africa), FAIRLINK (Sweden), FAMAB (Germany), HKECIA (Hong-Kong), IAEE (USA), IDFA (Germany), IECA (Indonesia), IEIA (India), IELA (Global), IFES (Global), LECA (Lebanon), MACEOS (Malaysia), MFTA (Macao), PCEI (Poland), RUEF (Russia), SACEOS/SECB (Singapore), Shanghai Convention and Exhibition Industries Association (China), SISO (USA), TEA (Thailand), TECA (Taiwan), TFOA (Turkey), UBRAFE (Brazil) and UNIMEV (France).