The Middle East in the Brave New World: Geopolitics, China, Oil, Covid and beyond
The session addressed pressing issues facing governments and businesses alike with an overview on the economic outlook in the region and the opportunities ahead. Topics include:
- Influence of COVID-19 crisis on globalization (or de-globalization) and the global trade and supply chain – focus on China-MENA trade relations.
- Lower oil prices and their impact on GCC economies.
- The economic outlook in the MENA region with a focus on the UAE economy.
- Impact of the current dual crisis on jobs in the UAE and the region in general.
- Overview about the impact of exhibitions postponement on economies with a focus on Expo 2020 re-scheduling impact on the UAE economy.