Target Group: Mid to Senior representatives from Exhibition Organising Companies
Dates: 28 June – 23 July 2021
Format: Online (10 sessions: Presentations and Group Work)
Participation Fees*: 895 € UFI Members / 1,195€ non UFI-Members
UCP: 20 UCP credit hours = foundation programme
*Prices displayed exclude VAT
The UFI-EMS Europe will run between noon – 2:00pm CEST on the following days: 28 June, 29 June, 1 July, 6 July, 8 July, 13 July, 15 July, 20 July, 22 July & 23 July.
5 Good Reasons to join
- Enrich your business network: Work alongside industry peers and grow your global network.
- Upgrade skills: Continue to stay on top of market trends and developments in the exhibition industry. The programme will cover a wide range of relevant industry topics.
- Grasp the value of online training: Set to two hours per topic, the online UFI-EMS will allow you to take part in the training in addition to your day to day obligations.
- Continuous interaction: Access to focused Alumni group on the worldwide ETT Club industry e-platform.
- Globally recognised certification: Graduates from the UFI-EMS will receive a certification of completion.
Delivered by a faculty of industry experts, the UFI-EMS will combine both global insights and regional expertise – following the clearly articulated need for education that adapts a global curriculum to the specific regional and local needs.
- Alexander Angus – Business Development Director at Montgomery Group
- Matthias Tesi Baur – CEO at MBB Consulting Group
- Natalie Campbell-Reid – Content Lead at Explori
- Eddie Choi – Managing Partner at Mills
- Wilbert Heijmans – Group Managing Director at Info Salons (a Freeman company)
- Fleur Kearns – Vice President, Human Resources at Reed Exhibitions Asia Pacific
- Aletta Kok – Director Marketing, Digital and New Business at Royal Jaarbeurs
- Chris Kilbee – Executive Director, ASEAN at Informa Markets
- Ashley Roberts – General Manager at Omanexpo
- Stephanie Selesnick – President at International Trade Information, Inc
- Carol Weaving – Managing Director at Reed Exhibitions South Africa
- Je Choong Yip (JC) – Senior Vice President Commercial at Reed Exhibitions Asia Pacific
“I am proud to be part of the UFI EMS which provides the opportunity to bring together, and to support, the current and the future talent of the global exhibition industry. Never has there been a more prudent time for our industry to learn, to adapt and evolve, and to continue do what we do best, and that is to deliver meaningful events that are fundamental to regional and the global economy.” Ashley Roberts – General Manager at Omanexpo. UFI-EMS Lecturer January 2021.
“I thoroughly enjoyed the UFI-EMS course and being able to interact with other event professionals from all over the world. The focal points and priorities were slightly different when working on projects but the overall goals were the same, and this was really interesting to learn. I look forward to keeping in touch with this great group of people and hopefully meeting them in person in the future.” Amie Gonzalez – Director at Informa Markets. UFI-EMS Participant February 2021.
“The modules and case studies in EMS course have provided me with the knowledge that will prove invaluable later on in the Exhibition Industry”. Talal Al Habsi – Business Development Manager at Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre. UFI-EMS Participant February 2021.
“The UFI – Exhibition Management School was an excellent opportunity to interact and learn from the professional experts and peers from our exhibition industry. The combination of interactive online discussions coupled with team workshops enabled us to investigate issues, develop solutions and evaluate practical potential situations. We will continue to send senior management to this program. Thanks to the UFI Team!” Diane CHEN, General Manager and Member of the Board of Shenyang New World EXPO. UFI-EMS Participant October 2020.
“It was a fantastic experience for me to be able to share my sales experience thru the UFI-Exhibition Management School lecture. I must say that the lecture was done professionally and very well organized. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn more about best practices in the trade exhibition industry. Thank you UFI and MBB Consulting Group for making this happen.” Je Choong Yip (JC) – Senior Vice President Commercial at Reed Exhibitions Asia Pacific. UFI-EMS Lecturer October 2020.
The UFI Exhibition Management School (UFI-EMS) is a continuum of the Exhibition Management Degree that UFI initiated and has been organising since 2007.
UFI and MBB-Consulting Group (MBB) are working to provide this new industry education programme for exhibition organisers: the UFI-Exhibition Management School (UFI-EMS). In the years to come, this collaboration will respond to a clear demand for high-level, focused quality education and training for the global exhibition industry.
The curriculum was developed jointly with the UFI community, making it a programme designed by exhibition organisers for exhibition organisers.
- Budget and P&L
- Customer Centricity & Care
- Cross-Channel Exhibition Marketing
- Digital Innovation
- Global Business Development
- Human Resources & Leadership
- Agile Cross-Sales Strategies
- Strategy Creation and Development
Graduates from the UFI-Exhibition Management School will receive a globally recognised Certification for Exhibition Management. Participant’s who miss no more than 2 sessions and who successfully pass the final exam receive the global certification by UFI & MBB Consulting.
Key supporters (task force)
UFI and MBB worked with an exhibition industry task force, made up of senior members from different exhibition organisers across all UFI member regions.
Abu Dhabi Convention & Exhibition Bureau (Suhaila Al Munthari), ATEX (Maged Mahfoud), Bolonga Fiere S.p.a (Giorgio Contini), Comexposium (Laurent Noel), Cooperative State University BW (Joerg Beier), Diversified Australia (Siro Anemogiannis), Espacio Riesco (Sergio Gutierrez), Fiera Milano (Enrica Baccini), Fresh Montgomery (Lori Hoinkes), GL Events China (Jor Zhou), Kuwait International Fair Co. (Abdul Rahman Al Nassar), La Rural (Juan Pablo Maglier), Messe Munich India (Bhupinder Singh), Montgomery West Africa (Alexander Angus), Nuernberg Messse (Satyendra Mehra), Reed Exhibitions Japan (Yoshi Tanaka), Reed Exhibitions Alcantara Machado (Alinne Rosa), Reed Exhibitions (Richard Mortimore), Riyadh Exhibitions Co. Ltd. (Edward Rabbat), Stockholmmaessan (Cecilia Henningson), Tarsus Mexico (José Navarro Meneses),Informa Asia (Margaret Ma).
Testimonials about UFI Education
“Participating in UFI’s education programme was very valuable as it gave a thorough inside into the way the exhibition industry works. The trainers on the course were experts in their fields and brought a wealth of knowledge.” Corporate Marketing & Communications, Dubai World Trade Centre.
“Earning my UFI exhibition management certification has helped me to better understand current trends that affect my business. Having in peer discussions with different participants and trainers was a value lesson for communication and offered plenty of time for networking”. General Manager, ZZICEC, Zhengzhou, China.
“UFI education – A great experience. The programme offered an extensive education of high quality, including all important topics that are unique for the exhibition and event industry. The knowledge and experience gained during the programme has helped me greatly when dealing with both practical as well as strategic challenges. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to gain strategic insights and knowledge in the exhibition industry. “ Project Manager, Adforum Ab, Finland.